- We act with honesty and integrity. We follow ethical practices in all aspects of our work and avoid conflicts of interest.
- We adhere to our mission statement on philanthropic grantmaking.
- We value and affirm diversity in its many forms and endeavor to include the perspectives, opinions and experiences of the broadest possible cross-section of our communities to guide our work.
- We are thoughtful and purposeful in our grantmaking, and periodically review and evaluate our mission, priorities, policies and practices.
- We are accessible, communicate clearly and promptly with applicants, grantees and the public, and build constructive relationships based on mutual respect, candor and confidentiality.
- We have an identifiable board, committee or other decision-making body that is responsible for the governance and oversight of the organization.
- We provide appropriate, comprehensive and timely information on our work to the public, the media, government and all stakeholders.
- We are aware of and fulfill our fiduciary and legal responsibilities.